Are electric toothbrushes any good, especially when it comes to whitening teeth?
Dear Making changes,
The most effective electric toothbrush is Sonicare because the toothbrush is gentle, reduces plaque, and whitens teeth.
According to www.animated-teeth.com, the brush strokes per minute of brushing methods can be compared as follows:
a. Sonic toothbrush: 30,000 to 40,000
b. Conventional electric toothbrush: 2,500 to 7,500
c. Basic hand brushing: 300
The Sonicare website at www.sonicare.com, reports that there have been over 140 studies of Sonicare. Some key findings:
1. The Sonicare Flexcare is clinically proven to remove significantly more plaque than Oral-B Sonic Complete and Oral-B Triumph.
2. Sonicare toothbrushes are clinically proven to reduce gingivitis and improve overall gum health.
3. The dynamic sonic technology is proven to remove extrinsic (coffee,tea, and tobacco) stains and also helps naturally whiten teeth by up to 2.5 shades in 2 weeks.
4. Sonicare is demonstrated to be safe and gentle for those with sensitive teeth and gums.
5. In vitro studies prove that Sonicare is safe and gentle on veneers, implants, and other restorative materials. Regular brushing with a Sonicare toothbrush is proven to help shrink periodontal pockets.
Although the Sonicare toothbrush is expensive, they offer a 90-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied for any reason.