Can Christmas cards be mailed out right after Thanksgiving or should we wait until December?
Yes, Christmas and holiday cards can be mailed after Thanksgiving. In the United States, the Christmas season often begins right after the Thanksgiving holiday.
Below are 10 Christmas and holiday card etiquette tips:
1. If uncertain if the recipient celebrates Christmas, Hanukkah, or another religious faith or tradition, then send a neutral card with a greeting of Happy Holidays, Season's Greetings, Warm Wishes for a Happy Holiday Season, or Peace on Earth.
2. Write the recipient's name inside the card.
3. Write a short note wishing them well, a simple sentence is better than nothing.
4. Even if your name is preprinted in the card, sign your first name after your short message.
5. Including a photo of the family is always enjoyable.
6. Send cards out in time for the recipient to receive before Christmas.
7. Only send holiday newsletters to close friends and family who would be interested in the details.
8. Remember to include your return address on the envelope.
9. Send a card to everyone who sends you one.
10. E-mail greeting cards are not a substitute for an actual holiday card.