Getting wrinkles is a fact of life and unavoidable. The older one gets, the more wrinkles, and everyone should be lucky enough to live a long and healthy life. People ought to embrace their birthdays, not dread them. Another birthday is another year of life.
Many readers want advice about anti-aging and anti-wrinkle products. There are ways to help reduce the signs of aging. According to the American Academy of Dermatology, 90-95% of the wrinkles are caused by sun exposure (http://www.skincarephysicians.com/agingskinnet/non_facial.html).
Protecting the skin from the sun and other suggestions to help prevent wrinkles are listed below:
12 WAYS TO HELP PREVENT WRINKLES
1. Drink Water: 6-8 glasses per day to keep the skin hydrated
2. Wear Sunscreen daily: moisturize daily with an SPF 15 or higher to protect the skin
3. Wear Protective Clothing: wide brimmed hats and sunglasses when in the sun to protect skin and eyes. Sunglasses will also reduce squinting that causes wrinkles.
4. Avoid sun: do not sunbathe, or if you must, then avoid exposure between 10am and 3pm
5. Avoid drastic weight change: losing too much weight too fast can result in sagging skin
6. Cleanse regularly: wash face twice a day, morning and evening to maintain healthy skin
7. Exercise Regularly: increases muscle tone and keeps the whole body healthy
8. Eat Healthy: especially foods high in anti-oxidants (see link below)
9. Take Vitamins: multi-vitamins, especially vitamins A, C and E
10. Limit Alcohol intake: alcohol can dehydrate the skin causing wrinkles
11. Avoid Smoking: besides being carcinogenic, smoking ages the skin prematurely
12. Sleep: Get plenty of rest and sleep on your back