I have been using the same anti-wrinkle cream on my face both in the day and at night. When I mentioned this to my coworker, she said that I should be using a night cream at night, and a day cream for day. Why would I need separate day and night creams?
Day vs Night
Dear Day vs Night,
Generally, if you are happy with your daytime face cream, then you can use it at night. But, the opposite does not hold, that is you would not normally use a night face cream during the day. The reasons that night time face creams may not be good during the day are as follows:
WHY NIGHT ANTI-WRINKLE CREAMS ARE BEST AT NIGHT
1) anti-aging night creams do not contain SPF, so a daytime anti-aging moisturizer with sunscreen is best for protection against the sun UVA and UVB rays.
2) anti-aging night creams may contain higher levels of ingredients such as retinol and alpha hydroxy acids (AHA) that help diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. However, retinol and AHA can increase vulnerability to damage from the sun.
3) anti-aging night creams may be thicker and more moisturizing than daytime creams, so could look greasier and not hold makeup well.
Below are some top rated anti-wrinkle night creams by consumers from makeupalley.com and totalbeauty.com:
10 BEST ANTI-WRINKLE NIGHT CREAMS (alphabetical)
1. Chanel Precision Ultra Correction Nuit Anti-Wrinkle Restructuring Night Cream
2. Dove Fresh Radiance Anti-Aging Cream
3. Elizabeth Arden Prevage Anti-Aging Night Cream
4. Eucerin Sensitive Facial Skin Q10 Active Night Anti-Wrinkle
5. Garnier Nutritioniste Ultra-Lift Anti-Wrinkle Firming Night
6. Lacura Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Night
7. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Night or Rapid Wrinkle Repair Night
8. Olay Definity Deep Nourishing Anti-Aging Night or Age Defying Anti-Wrinkle
9. Ponds Time Rewind Overnight Wrinkle Repair
10. RoC Retinol Correxion Intensive
To read the reveiws, go to makeupalley.com and totalbeauty.com