How do I put on make-up to help make my face look 10 years younger?
Mom needs make-up
Dear Mom needs make-up,
Besides getting enough sleep and staying out of the sun, make-up can help enhance your look and take years off your face. Always wear a moisturizer before applying make-up, and look for anti-aging or anti-wrinkle products that can help diminish fine lines. If needed, a foundation can even out skin tone.
In brief below are five anti-aging makeup tips from makeup artist, Bobbi Brown (Brown cited in Prevention.com, 2005).
5 TIPS FOR APPLYING MAKE-UP TO TAKE YEARS AWAY
1. Blush: sweep blush on the apple of your cheek (meatiest part when you smile). Brush in a circular motion out toward your hairline to avoid streaks.
2. Lipstick: avoid dark lipstick. Wear soft, vibrant tones such as berry, rose, or apricot to add a splash of color and make lips look larger. Then dab gloss in the center of the lower lip to reflect light and give the illusion of fullness.
3. Powder: dust powder only where needed, usually your T-zone (forehead, nose, chin). Otherwise, face powder settles into skin, highlighting rather than hiding winkles.
4. Eye Shadow: avoid frosted eye shadow. Wear shimmer or sheen shadows that are finely milled and less likely to settle in creases.
5. Eyeliner: avoid bottom heavy eyeliner, which makes eyes look tired. The upper lids should look a tad more intense than the bottoms to frame and make eyes pop.