A coworker has perfect makeup with no shine at all. So, I asked what her secret was in having such a flawless face. She said that she uses a primer. Would a primer help keep my face from being shiny?
Need primer on primer
Dear Need primer on primer,
Face primers are often advertised as creating a canvas for the face. Matte face primers can fill in fine wrinkles, minimize pores, and soak up excess oil.
Use face primers after applying moisturizer, then allow to set or dry before using foundation. Depending on your skin type, primers can be used just on the oily areas of the face such as the T-zone (forehead, nose, chin). Use only a small dab of face primer.
Face primers that have been given high average ratings from consumers at Sephora.com and MakeupAlley.com. Most consumers felt that primers smoothed their skin imperfections, absorbed oil, reduced shine, and helped makeup last all day with little or no touch ups.
TOP RATED MATTE FACE PRIMERS (alphabetical):
1. Avon MagiX Face Perfector SPF 20
2. Bare Escentuals bareVitamins Prime Time
3. Becca Mattifying Primer
4. Cargo Blu_ray High Definition Mattifier
5. Cosmedicine Medi-Matte Oil Control Lotion SPF 20
6. Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Oil Free
7. MAC Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50
8. Philosophy Never Let Them See You Shine Velvet Touch Primer
9. Sephora Smoothing Primer
10. Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer SPF 15
11. Yves Saint Laurent Matt Touch Primer
To read the reviews, go to www.makeupalley.com and www.sephora.com