Dear Dr. Dave and Dr. Dee,
I like powder blusher, but ever since I turned 35, I have noticed that some of the powder tends to settle into the fine lines. Does this mean that I should use a cream or gel blush now?
Pouting over powder blusher
Dear Pouting over powder blusher,
If you prefer powder blush, then you can still use that type of blush, but look for one with anti-aging ingredients such as retinol (vitamin A), vitamins C, E, and other antioxidants.
Anti-aging blush will not permanently remove wrinkles or fine lines, but it may help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, smooth and condition the skin.
Consumers at Drugstore.com, HSN.com, Makeupalley.com, or Sephora.com gave overall positive reviews to the following anti-aging blushers.
10 TOP RATED ANTI-AGING BLUSHERS (alphabetical):
1. Almay Smart Shade Blush for Cheeks (cream) contains grape seed, ginseng, and ginkgo biloba. Also, Almay Touchpad Blush contains aloe and green tea.
2. Biotherm Blush! Smooth Powder Blush contains mineral rich thermal spring water.
3. Lauren Hutton Aqua Elements Loose Powder Blush contains stone mineral elements infused with water.
4. Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Blends Sheer Highlighting Blush contains multi-vitamins and a botanical conditioner. Also, Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Blush contains Total Soy, and a multi-vitamin complex of Vitamin B5, C, E, and Pro-Retinol.
5. Physicians Formula Cashmere Wear contains Sodium Hyaluronate.
6. Revlon Cream Blush with Pop-Up Mirror contains green tea, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, and grape seed extracts.
7. Signature Club A Colloidal Gold Ultra Creamy Powder Blush contains vitamins A and C.
8. Smashbox O-Glow Intuitive Cheek Color With Goji Berry-C Complex and ginkgo biloba, pomegranate, vitamin C, and marine plankton.
9. Tarte Cheek Stain (gel) contains a fruit complex of goji, acai, maracuja, acerola, and pomegranate.
10. ybf Transforming Cheek Color Quad contains emollients, fruit extracts, and vitamins A, C, and E.
To read more about the blushers and see the reviews on anti-aging blush, go to http://beauty.hsn.com, www.drugstore.com, www.makeupalley.com, and www.sephora.com