Tweet Follow @DrdaveAnddee
FREE SHIPPING on orders $25 and over!

Up to 50% less than retail

Mother-In-Law Needs Help for Alcoholism

Dear Dr. Dave and Dr. Dee,

I have the world's worst in-laws. My mother-in-law is an alcoholic who is emotionally and physically abusive. My father-in-law is such an enabler. After we unplugged the phone to avoid her harassing calls, he would drive her to our house. She would pound on our door in the middle of the night. Many times she has pounded me with her fists in a drunken rage. She would even call my parents and harass them. She was so evil and hateful in the things that she said to me.


Rotten in-laws

Dear Rotten in-laws

Alcoholism is a disease, and your mother-in-law is sick and needs help.

It is important that you and your husband seek professional help for his mother's addiction. The American Council on Alcoholism can help you locate a treatment program in your area. Their toll free help line: 800-527-5344. In addition, Alcoholics Anonymous or Al-Anon can provide help as well.

Their websites:

These organizations will assist you with the steps necessary to help your family and in-laws recover.