I'm short, 5'2", and like to wear 3" high heels to be taller at work, but my feet hurt after standing or walking, so end up taking my shoes off while at my desk. Are there any high heel shoes that are comfortable?
Dear Hurt feet,
If you want to wear high heels, then look for these 5 solutions:
1) Fit: make sure the shoes fit properly and not too snug at the toe in order to prevent bunions.
2) Platform shoes: to prevent bunions and hurting feet, choose a platform shoe.
NOTE: With a 1 inch platform and 3 inch heel, then the heel height would actually be at the 2 inch rule for the angle of your foot (see letter below "Heel Height". However, too high of a platform is not recommended as walking may become unsteady, and you could twist an ankle.
3) Leather: better for your feet because leather is more comfortable and breathes.
4) Insoles: pads or inserts may be needed for more comfort, heel, or arch support.
5) Soles: if the shoe does not have good traction on the bottom, then add non-slip pads to the soles in order to prevent slipping on surfaces when walking.