Pilates is an exercise program designed to stretch, strengthen, and balance the body without adding bulk or stressing the joints. The United States Pilates Association (www.unitedstatespilatesassociation.com) lists many benefits of Pilates. In brief, some are listed below.
10 Benefits of Pilates
1. Provides a refreshing and engergizing workout.
2. Pilates can be tailored to specific needs.
3. For any fitness level.
4. Can speed the recovery of soft tissue injuries.
5. Can be safely used by pregnant women.
6. Effective for injury prevention and recovery.
7. Improves muscle tone, energy and mental concentration.
8. Improves alignment.
9. Enhances breathing and circulation.
10. Increases strength, flexibility and balance.
For more information about Pilates, go to www.unitedstatespilatesassociation.com