I have been trying some of the mineral powder foundations, and my main complaint is the mess. No matter how careful I am, there is always powder residue on the bathroom counter and in the sink. Other than tapping the excess powder off the brush, is there a trick to applying the mineral make up to avoid the mess?
Dear Messy makeup,
Loose powder make up applied with a brush will always leave some powder residue.
However, the mess can be avoided by using a mineral make up foundation in a pressed powder compact. Consumers at makeupalley.com rated the following mineral pressed powder foundations with an overall average of 4 out of 5 stars (2009):
Top Rated Mineral Foundation in Pressed Powder Compact (alphabetical)
1. Au Courant Pressed Mineral Powder Foundation
2. Colorescience Pressed Mineral Pigment
3. Emani-Pressed Mineral Foundation
4. La Bella Donna Pressed Mineral Foundation
5. Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Foundation
6. Sephora Mineral Double Compact SPF 10
7. Tony & Tina Luna Essence Pressed Mineral Powder
8. True Cosmetics Mineral Foundation Compact
New products are always being developed, so check your local cosmetic shop, drugstore, or department store for the latest.