I have always had short lashes and once tried mascara a couple years ago, but it only clumped and flaked, and my lashes did not seem much longer or fuller. I'm going to my school prom and want to make my lashes longer and thicker. Are there any mascaras that work well that aren't too expensive?
Need Longer Lashes
Dear Need Longer Lashes
Consumers at drugstore.com gave positive reviews to these mascaras listed below that can be found at your local drugstore. These mascaras lengthen and thicken without clumping or flaking. Drug store brands tend to be less expensive than cosmetic shops and department stores. Some companies make a variety of mascaras; so multiple products by same manufacturer are listed on one line.
For a more natural look, if you have dark hair, then black or dark brown mascara is fine. But, if you have blonde hair, avoid black mascara and choose medium brown mascara.
10 Top Rated Mascaras (alphabetical)
1. Almay One Coat Nourishing Thickening Mascara
2. CoverGirl Professional Remarkable Mascara; CoverGirl Volume Exact
3. Jane Hi-Fiber Waterproof Mascara
4. L'Oreal Double Extend; L'Oreal Voluminous Original
5. Maybelline Full N Soft Mascara; Maybelline Volum'Express; Maybelline Great Lash; Maybelline Lash Discovery
6. Max Factor Volume Couture; Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara
7. Neutrogena Healthy Volume Mascara
8. Physicians Formula PlentiFull thickening Mascara
9. Rimmel Lycra Lash Extender; Rimmel Extra Super Lash