Is there a new make up that regular folks can use that the celebrities use to make their skin look flawless on television or in the movies? Where can I buy these products?
Flawless finished face
Dear Flawless finished face,
According to Melissa Magsaysay, writer for the Los Angeles Times, "A new category of cosmetics hitting stores now is designed to achieve a flawless-looking face under the microscope of pore-magnifying, fine line-focusing, high-definition television." (http://articles.latimes.com/2008/mar/30/image/ig-beauty30)
Magsaysay tested three HD (High Definition) products under direct sunlight and under florescent office light and found:
1. Christian Dior Capture Totale High Definition Serum Foundation ($75) was fine under florescent light, but showed traces of makeup under direct sunlight so it looked less natural.
2. Cargo Blu-ray High Definition Makeup ($20-30) was fine in direct sunlight, but looked pale and washed under florescent light. Magsaysay found Smashbox to be the best
3. Smashbox High Definition Healthy FX Foundation ($38) was the best performer and looked natural under both florescent and direct sun.
There are other high def make up brands that have not been directly compared to each other such as:
1. 29 Cosmetics VARIETALS Hydrating Foundation
2. Make Up For Ever High Definition Foundation
3. NVEY Organic Creme Deluxe Foundation
Of these three, only Make Up For Ever and NVEY had been rated by consumers at Sephora.com, and both received generally positive ratings of at least 4 out of 5. Consumers at Sephora.com also rated Cargo and Smashbox at least 4 out of 5.
To read the reviews, to go www.sephora.com
Many cosmetics can be purchased online, at your local department store, or at beauty retail shops such as Sephora.