Tweet Follow @DrdaveAnddee
FREE SHIPPING on orders $25 and over!

Up to 50% less than retail

Athlete's Foot Itching and Redness

Dear Dr. Dave and Dr. Dee,

I have redness and itching on the bottom of my toes. How can I tell if it's athlete's foot? What can I do about it?


Dear Wondering,

Fungal rashes, such as athlete's foot, tend to be red, itchy, and scaly. They grow in moist areas on the body, which are protected from light. The best way to find out if you have a fungal rash is to have it looked at by a health care professional.

The most common areas for "tinea" or fungal rashes are the foot (athlete's foot or tinea pedis), the groin (jock itch or tinea cruris), or the body (tinea corporis). They are treated with antifungal medications, which can be bought over the counter, such as chlotrimazole (Lotrimin) or tolnaftate (Tinactin). Once established, these rashes can be stubborn and require more than one course of treatment before being eradicated.