What eyeshadow colors would go best with brown eyes besides brown? What brands are the best eyeshadows?
Bored with Brown
Dear Bored with Brown,
Eye shadow can complement the eye color or be dramatic and draw attention to it. Eye shadows come in a variety of finishes such as matte, satin, frost, or metallic.
CoverGirl makeup experts recommend grays, blues, purples, and greens for dark eyes, and brown, taupe, and bronze shades for light eyes.
Makeup experts at Maybelline.com recommend using three shades of eye shadows: light, medium, and dark. The medium shade covers the eyelid, the dark shade for the crease and outer corner and lower lash line, and the light shade for brow bone under the curve of the eyebrow. All the shades are then blended together.
Because there were many top rated eye shadows, only those rated at least an average of 4.6 out of 5 stars with over 30 consumer reviews at makeupalley.com or Sephora.com, and costing less than $50 were selected to be in the top 25.
The top rated eye shadows that were selected for the list ranged in price from $1 to $40. The more expensive products can be sampled at cosmetic shops such as Sephora or at your local department store.
TOP 25 RATED EYE SHADOWS (alphabetical):
1. Avon Mark I Mark Custom Pick Eye Shadow
2. Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Glimmer
3. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow
4. Everyday Mineral Eye Shadow
5. Giorgio Armani Eye Shadow
6. Jordana Eye Shadow
7. Lancome Color Design Sensational Effects Eye Shadow
8. Laura Mercier Eye Colour
9. Lorac Eye Shadow
10. MAC Satin Eyeshadow
11. Make Up For Ever Eyeshadow
12. Mally Beauty City Chick Smokey Eye Kit
13. Milani Eye Shadow Quad
14. NARS Duo Eye Shadow
15. NYX Eyeshadow
16. Physicians Formula Matte Collection Quad Eye Shadow