Are bronzers applied all over the face? My friends and I have a bet as to who is right. Also, are powders or creams best?
Dear Bronzer Bet,
Bronzer is more natural looking applied only to parts of the face that would normally get sun such as the forehead, nose, cheeks, and chin. It's easy to apply a powder bronzer with a large soft makeup brush. Only use a small amount on the brush, tap off excess, and apply sparingly and avoid streaks. Bronzers should only be a couple shades darker than your natural skin tone. If too much bronzer is applied, then use a tissue to remove excess and blend.
Overall positive ratings were given by consumers at makeupally.com to the following bronzers:
Top 12 Bronzers (alphabetical)
1. Bobbi Brown Bronzer/Blush Duo
2. Cargo The Big Bronzer
3. Guerlain Sunset Celebration Bronzer
4. Iman Sand Bronzer
5. Isadora Bronzer Compact
6. Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male Compact Powder Bronzer
7. Laura Mercier Mineral Foundation Bronzer SPF 15
8. Lorac Caribbean Heat Bronzer
9. Physicians Formula Baked Pyramid Matte Bronzer
10. Rimmel Duo Natural Bronzer
11. Sally Hansen Natural Beauty inspired by Carmindy Sun Glow Powder